Does a portable rolling miter saw stand work for a small table saw?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doberman77

Reaction score
Recently I stupidly bought a small table saw on a fixed stand. It is a huge hassle to move it to where I am working, and the feet on the stand that came with the saw are actually too wide to comfortably go in a 30 inch door. There are lots of apparently universal miter saw stands but hardly anything for a table saw. Anyone know if one of those folding, rolling miter saw stands works for a smallish typical 10" table saw? I checked with manufacturer and they were no help.

I'd be skeptical. A table saw has different lateral forces on it in use than a miter saw. As you're pushing something through the table saw ripping a piece of stock or cross cutting a sheet of plywood you'd run the risk of pushing the saw over on what is essentially a set of saw horses connected with a cross member.

I think the legs are splayed on those stands to make the stand more rigid rather than the need for a wider footprint. You could make a simple wooden cabinet with vertical sides. On my radial arm saw I mounted fixed casters vertically on the rear of the cabinet. To move it I just tip it enough for the casters to take the load and wheel it wherever I need to go.
0805221720.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts. I am a little worried about the stand tipping over too. The cabinet notion is a good one except I have to be able comfortably to load it in the truck sometimes and likely this would be more awkward and heavier than my old bones prefer. I don't do welding but might talk to someone about creating something.

Shopsmith had an easy tip for loading. Lift the light end into the truck then slide the head up the rails and load another light end. That won't work with a normal table saw but here's a method that could help and lend more stability for transport as well.

I have a Black and Decker Workmate (wish I had two) and I have used mine with a number of different portable machines attached to the top.

If I needed to get in and out of buildings and doorways I would get a Harbor Freight dolly and rig it to hold my saw and workmate and maybe a tool box for saw related tools. Would be easy to move and quick to setup.

Great idea, thanks very much. I have an old Workmate too, but it got left out in the weather and the composition pieces on top kind of dissolved. I'll fix that and it ought to do just fine. Thanks again!

Great idea, thanks very much. I have an old Workmate too, but it got left out in the weather and the composition pieces on top kind of dissolved. I'll fix that and it ought to do just fine. Thanks again!
Post a picture when you get it going. :coffee:

You can buy a rolling table saw stand... I have the Dewalt for my Dewalt saw... It works great. Side note... I also have the Dewalt Rolling Miter Saw stand for my Dewalt Miter saw, but it couldn't be a bigger piece of garbage...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rolling+table+saw+stand&t=brave&iax=shopping&ia=shopping
Now see, that is exactly what I had in mind. It looks like almost any size saw would work on it. Durn, I'm new on here, but you guys impress the heck outta me! Thanks to all who responded!

Now see, that is exactly what I had in mind. It looks like almost any size saw would work on it. Durn, I'm new on here, but you guys impress the heck outta me! Thanks to all who responded!
Yes, it should be universal assuming the mounting holes on your saw are straight like the brackets on the stand. I have never seen a jobsite table saw that wasn't like that. The matching Dewalt saw they sell is 10".

I have had mine for 7 years, haven't needed to repair anything, haven't needed to inflate the tires..

Attachments

• Stand.JPG
    Stand.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back