Donkey Pox Pandemic!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, looks like that is trasmitted at the beach!

The cartoonist neglected to draw the next panel, where the doctor prescribes some decisive intervention so that the donkeys (i.e. people who are Democrats) may be eradicated and Uncle Sam restored to his state of purity. Maybe the cartoonist is ashamed of where his views lead, and would prefer others to make the leap instead so he can have plausible deniability.

The biggest discrepancy in the cartoon is the signature in the corner that links it to an organization called "Americans Care". If Americans cared they would not go in for this kind of thing.

If Americans cared they would not go in for this kind of thing.

I think this is the problem... they've been indoctrinated to believe liberalism is right and all other viewpoints are racist

I think this is the problem... they've been indoctrinated to believe liberalism is right and all other viewpoints are racist
Who is "they" in this instance? I know lots of liberals who don't think non-liberals are necessarily racist. Accusing other people of racism willy-nilly is not something most people do, period. But the people who do it become very visible, which makes them seem more numerous than they really are.

In my comment above I was remarking on the name of that organization, "America Cares". And I was being sloppy, even though I was offering a sardonic reaction: lots of Americans "care" (about not hinting via cartoons, for example, that genocide would be a good solution to some of America's problems). But enough don't that the cartoonist "Branco" still has a career.

At this point, it really would be best if red states formed their own country so red and blue can be separated. Otherwise, it really looks like civil war at some point...

At this point, it really would be best if red states formed their own country so red and blue can be separated. Otherwise, it really looks like civil war at some point...
It would be easy to get that impression if you never pulled your head away from cable news and social media, but this is a very inaccurate description of the reality of our country. Even the most vile-mouthed partisans limit almost all of their filth-mongering to what they type on the internet and not what they do in real life. In real life, with very few exceptions, everyone lives side-by-side, patronizes each other's businesses, and generally gets along, at least according to political views. If you asked the most hardcore partisans on this very website if they'd be willing to pick up a gun and shoot the people who disagree with them, I would bet money they would say "No". We are not, in fact, on the brink of civil war, and you should be dubious of anyone who tells you we are. Maybe like that cartoonist for example.

You apparently don't know about the very deep division in this country between those that believe the US Constitution should actually be honored and followed... along with the rule of law verses those that believe in globalism in that this nation should come under one world governance the united nations and the world economic forum are talking about openly.

So, true Americans want this nation preserved and not become a member state under the authority of the united nations.

I pay attention to what these organizations say their intentions are and then I'm noticing how those on the left in this country are involved in the deconstruction of the rule of law which undermines the Constitution as though it should be ignored... I don't make up my mind what to believe based on cable news and social media.

There's much deception going on in the world tilted towards making the US becoming a weak and insignificant nation and if you cannot see this, then they have you right where they need you to be (they being globalists, those that support one world governance as the united nation calls it)

I hope you have a loving family that cares about you and checks in on you from time to time.

:good luck:

I hope you have a loving family that cares about you and checks in on you from time to time.

The world has been headed towards globalization for quite some time now and one world governance is being spoken of openly by the united nations as well as among other organizations.

You are the one with their head in the sand scared to look around and understand what's going on. I saw in another thread where you said you don't keep up with world events making the news... there in lies your problem, you are clueless and apparently scared to see what's happening around the world.

And, this is nothing new as through out the history of mankind there has always been someone trying to bring the world under one entity to achieve world domination. If you knew just a little about history you would know this, and this desire is still in play today.

Hope you get the mental and emotional help your fear needs to help you overcome all your phobias sooner rather than later.
waving4.gif

The world has been headed towards globalization for quite some time now and one world governance is being spoken of openly by the united nations as well as among other organizations.
Yeah this is kind of my point. One world governance has also been something people have openly warned about for quite some time now (at least 60 or 70 years). You can find people in the 1940s and 50s saying the same kinds of things you just said.

We are indeed in an age of global economic, military, and political involvement, and this has upsides and downsides. I don't think it's wrong to say that the more involved various countries get with each other, the more they cooperate, the more they lose a bit of sovereignty. Whether this has progressed in a linear fashion over the decades or whether it's ebbed and flowed I'm not sure, and I doubt anybody will be able to decisively answer the question, to the satisfaction of all, whether the positives or negatives stack up higher. Are we better off under this kind of globalist cooperation, or were we better off in the "good old days" (if there really was such a thing)? My inner anarcho-libertarian takes this question very seriously, as does the part of me that enjoys suburban life as a father, neighbor, brother, friend of many, etc.

But one thing that does seem clear is that there is and has long been a certain narrative of paranoia about this situation, that very selectively filters both facts and suppositions, and always escalates the alarm. The end is always just around the corner. Those who disagree are sheep with their heads in the sand. They've been "compromised", they've been "gotten to". They're not with us so they're against us. Etc.

This narrative, which spreads especially well on cable news, AM radio, and social media, appeals especially to people who live alone and have few social connections or group activities to temper their view of things. Both young men and the elderly are disproportionately represented in that population segment. Thus I meant what I said earnestly, that I hope you have people who care about you and check in on you from time to time.

Last edited:
I can see clearly you lack education concerning the evil heart of mankind and the dark intentions coming forth from it.

Your fear has blinded you from the reality of what's going on... yeah, so good luck with that ignorance thing

I can see clearly you lack education
Your fear has blinded you
good luck with that ignorance thing
It's like I said. Any disagreement in your eyes = ignorance, naivety, cowardice. Only full agreement with (and eventually, escalation of) your views is considered evidence of clearheadedness. Only you are clever and brave enough to see the truth. We know the story.

Last edited:
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Back