Don't mind me...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
I'll be lurking a lot and asking questions when I can't find the answers.

I've recently acquired a 40s-era pier house that needs a LOT of work. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time (even though I'm only 23) so I'm looking forward to getting started. I'll be living in the house as soon as possible and fixing it up from there. It needs to be raised, leveled, new walls, I'll probably add some modern framework to the exterior walls if I can, to aid in stability and insulation... and all the walls need to come out between both bedrooms and the bathroom needs to be gutted to reconstruct the floor (it was a porch they closed in but didn't level first so the floor is slanted).

I helped a friend start his business buying and flipping houses so I have a general idea of what I'm doing and I believe I have the general intuition to figure out what I don't know. However, I'll likely be checking in here before I make any big moves, just to see if it's been recorded here and what I can do to optimize results and cost during the project.

Back