Door frame has water damage/swollen. Lost on how to fix it

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

housegonetoshit

Reaction score
I am a student with absolutely no home improvement experience outside of painting a wall. The doorframe to our mobile home is water damaged, and the frame has started to swell tremendously. The wall above it is also starting to get veins (?) in it. The bottom sides of the frames (jambs?) are also starting to expand. What is the most cost effective and safe way to fix this for someone with no $ and no experience? Hiring someone is just not an option right now. We just had to repair something else, and we do not have the funds for it. I know for sure that the frame needs to be replaced, but I need a guide that pretty much explains it top to bottom. I have checked yt and Google, but both kind of seem to cater to people with prior knowledge. Could anyone help point me in the right direction?

It may also be important to note that this is single wide mobile home.

ChrisAtTech

Reaction score
You need to find out where the moisture is coming from, otherwise any fix you do to the doorframe will just happen again, possibly very quickly if the leak gets worse. Can you add pictures of the area above the door on the inside and outside as well as the damaged frame?

Latest posts