Door Installation Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff_HomeOwner

Reaction score
I replied to a previous thread, but thought this justified its own...

I have an older house and the builders framed the entry way into my basement for a 28" door. I removed the door and jamb because I recently finished my basement and was having trouble getting furniture etc. into the narrow door width. Removing the jamb gave me a few more inches making it just wide enough. Now that the basement is finished, I'd like to cover the entry way without narrowing the interior width of the door, i.e. no door jamb. Safety issue, air flow issue... I've considered something like a storm door that mounts on the outside of the door frame, but that would be tacky for an interior door.... Maybe a bi-fold door? Any ideas... ?

Thanks.

It is... See the attached picture. On one side of the door is the entry way into our house and the other side is a bathroom wall.

IMAG0182.jpg

Stairs should be attached to the floor above and the doorway and walls below were framed later. This is not carrying any weight. You should be able to cut this back to the thickness of the wall on the left. You would need 32" rough for a 30" door.

Latest posts

Back