Door knobs online?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeJ

Reaction score
Anyone know a good cheap place to order door knobs, deadbolts, and hinges online?

I just purchased a dozen hinge sets and lever type door latches for a bunch of slab doors I changed out. While I found good prices at this hardware store, I ended up finding the best price on the brushed nickle hinges on Amazon. The door levers I got in SS from Home Depot on line, which were about half the price of the lever style they sell in store. Both I got with free shipping and no tax on the hinges.
You can check out this store but you're really better off using google and searching multiple sites. One may have hinges on sale and another for knobs.

http://www.harneyhardware.com/

I just can not imagine taking the time to buy them on the net.
Buy cheap knobs and hinges and your going to get what you pay for.
Any box store has cheap finish not going to last knobs for about $7.00.
If you plan on living in this house spend the extra money on real brass hinges and Schlage brand knobs and have it last for generations.

Paying more for something doesn't mean you're going to get a better product. I've never...ever, had a door hinge fail or tarnish because I used a plated 3.5" hinge at 2 bucks vs a solid brass a 10 bucks each.
While there are houses that merit 100 dollar door knobs, mine certainly is not.

You don't have mention the place that at which location you are searching for.

Back