Electric Panel Heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonriffel

Reaction score
Can anybody comment on this product for me? How energy efficient is it? I've got a spare bedroom in my basement (about 12x20) that doesn't have any HVAC ductwork and it gets pretty cold in the winter. I've been using ceramic heaters and I'm looking for something safer, more efficient, and better looking.

www.eheat.com

Thanks

All electric resistance heaters are 100% efficient - so this no better or no worse than the ceramic heater. That said , electric heat is usually more expensive than heat derived from gas or oil. If you can divert a duct into that room from your central heating system, it will heat less expensively.

If you have the time and energy and a backyard you can build a small wind turbine and generate electricity for that small room. It should cost somewhere around $130-$150 if you build it yourself.

Thanks

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. I hope the advice on the web site that you have coincidentally linked has better advice.

Can anybody comment on this product for me? How energy efficient is it? I've got a spare bedroom in my basement (about 12x20) that doesn't have any HVAC ductwork and it gets pretty cold in the winter. I've been using ceramic heaters and I'm looking for something safer, more efficient, and better looking.

www.eheat.com

Thanks

Hi
One of the top electric panel heaters in production is the Econo-Heat electric heater..The Econo-Heat slim panel heater uses small spacers to mount to a wall and the air gap between the wall and the electric heater creates efficient convection heat. The Econo-Heat is meant for smaller bedrooms (10 x 10) but does a great job with spaces of 100 SQ FT or less. You can install them in less than 5 minutes and they are virtually maintenance free. It uses less power than the average computer (400 watts) and costs about $.03/hour to run based on the average power cost of $.08 per kilowatt/hr. There is also no fire or burn risk because the electric heater panel has no exposed electric elements. The panel heater is similar to baseboard heaters and works the same as a central heating system except for much cheaper. The Econo-Heat panel heater will work more economically than electric reverse cycle air conditioners, electric radiator heaters, electric fan heaters, and electric oil heaters. The cost of the Econo-Heat is just $89.95 and will improve your energy efficiency immediately.

Back