Embedded Cleanout Covers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavvyCat

Reaction score
I always like to get the scoop before getting quotes. You guys are good for that.

The cleanout for my plumbing is really close to my walkway. I want to redo the walkway area, but I'm not sure how the cleanout impacts this. I would like to think that the cleanout can be incorporated into the walkway like a manhole cover in the street, although I'm sure it might be difficult to do.

Before I have people say it cannot be done merely because they don't want to bother with it, I would like to know if it *can* be done. Locale is Tarrant County Texas, if that matters. FYI, the plumbing is PVC.

No reason it can't be done pretty simply and PVC is super easy to work with.

Moving it closer or further out will be more expensive and invasive.

I am not sure of the code implications but I have seem them hidden under decorative stones as long as it was indicated that is where they are and you take precautions to keep the fill and crushed stone from piling on top of the clean out.

Manhole Frames & Grates are available with concrete boxes to provide a home for your cleanout. Have done this and its just a matter of positioning the cleanout within the box and ensuring the cover is flush with your walkway.

Here is a source ... and you can find others.

http://www.fostersupply.com/Products/DrainageSewerframesgratesandcovers/CastFramesandGrates.aspx

GOOD LUCK! :D

Villa, that is awesome! Just what I was envisioning could be done. The cleanout is in a small planter area next to the house that I want to cover over with flagstone. I see no reason why it can't be covered with another access. These items in your link confirm that.

Back