EPDM flashing into existing shingles roof.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to flash edpm on top of ice and water shield

• Epdm underlayment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Flashing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zach

Reaction score
Can I flash my transtion from flat to slope with metal flashing and adhere rubber on to that. In efforts to avoid messing with the ice and water barrier of exiting slope roof. If not what is usedas ice and water. And how would you seem the two together

I don't know the answer but photos would be helpful. I will give you a bump and see who answers.

My house roof is shingles... I have rolled ashfalt on my porch that attaches to house... It is transtion up the house about 3 feet, over the ice and water shield... I want to removed rolled roof and add epdm... I don't want to mess with the ice and water on the house... I was thinking to add metal down the transition onto new osb on flat roof.. Use a reinforced strip over seam of osb and metal. Then glue the rubber to the metal up the transtion 2 feet and bring shingles down about a foot...
If this is not a good idea... How would I seam the epdm and the ice and water on the slope...

Back