evaporator motor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean28

Reaction score
I need to get to the bottom motor on a moble home Insider.The unit has to be pulled out of the closet to get access to the lower motor.is the panel on the right side or the left side? If it's on the left side I can cut the wall and put a grill over it.

Hey Dean:
If we are talking about a furnace here they usually have from 2 to 4 panels on the front that lift up and pull off; sometimes they have screws in them. With the bottom panel off your fan assembly should slide out on tracks. I would not cut the wall until I could see for sure the access was on that side.
If you would include brand, model, serial and maybe some pictues then Jeff1 could solve your problem. The guy is amazing.
Glenn

this is a self contained heat pump,in a moble home.I have to replace the motor tomarow,and I was hoping to get some pointers.I haven't worked on one of these yet,

I also have a self contained heat pump (geo-thermal) but my fan motor in in the top; the comperssor is in the bottom. Evidently mine is not like yours. Perhaps some pictures would help.
Glenn

I pulled the unit out today.both panels right and left have to be taken off to change the blower motor.A hole in the wall wouln't have worked,the panels are the full length and width of the unit.It's called "The Insider"And is manufactured in Kentucky.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the brand but the location of manufacturer could be your problem. LOL
Glenn

Back