Extending outside water line.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffy

Reaction score
I am thinking about extending an outside water line so I can water the garden and water down the compost pile. As it is now I have to drag out 200 feet of hose. I am thinking about using cpvc which I got for free and attaching it to our privacy fence and hooking our hose to it on one end which would only be about 25 feet of hose and put a hose adapter on the other end. I will slightly pitch the line to be able to drain it the winter. I thought about installing a frost free yard hydrant but that would require about 1000 feet of new water line so I have ruled this out unless it will be the only way. do you think my idea will work? Thank you for your thoughts.

You might also add an adapter so that you can blow it out.

I have done a couple shorter runs like that, you need to disconnect it in the winter,
I never had a problem with them.

I have one that brings water thru a flower bed and down under a wheel chair ramp to the drive way.

I went to buy all the parts to make a rig to blow it out and the guy said just buy one of these. They sell a fitting that has a hose fitting on one end and an air chuck on the other. I just screw it on and use my tire filler and blow air. I also use it on the pressure washer to get all the water out. It is made for campers.

Back