Extension ladder stabilizer?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dthornton

inspector gadget
Reaction score
I saw a product on TV awhile back that I'm hoping someone can help me locate. It is a hoop that bolts to the bottom of your extension ladder. Both ends of the hoop have feet on them. The hoop adjusts so that no matter what terrain you're on, whether it's level ground or a steep hill, the ladder will stand perfectly upright and stable. Anyone know what this ladder "tool" is called and where to buy it? Thanks!:confused:

Never heard them called tools before, but a few 2 x 4 blocks should do the trick. And if you're going higher than one story, carrying loads up or down the ladder, a paving pin driven into the ground at the center of the bottom rung is almost mandatory.

neal, you "da man"! The BaseMate (4th picture on the top row in that link) was what I was looking for. THANK YOU! BridgeMan, thanks for the ideas. Yes - I have to go up 2 stories to paint my house (not looking forward to it - I definitely have a phobia of going up a ladder higher than about 10').

Back