We've seen devastating fires that can spread, burn, and even kill. This winter season, let's try to take care of our home by being careful with the three common causes of fire. Candles... never leave one unattended. If you're not going to use it, then blow it out. Make sure you've placed it in a secure holder, so that it won't fall down or the drippings don't hurt someone. Above all, make sure it's far away from any combustibles or flammable substances. the chimney... for your home's safety, have it cleaned and inspected at least once a year. Make sure you've put out cold the ashes and place it far from home. Heaters, especially portable ones... it is winter, after all. Again, be careful that your heater is far from anything combustible. Make sure that you use your heater correctly, too, since there are heaters that are not fit to be used indoors. The heater should also be functioning well. Malfunctioning heaters are dangerous and it is advised that you not use them.