First attempt at building a rock wall.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. Did that work on Monday. Just finally had a chance to relax.

Definitely haven't been spending any time cleaning a deer.

Is it just me or do others get a sore back just reading this thread? Very impressive Chris and it looks country club good.

I had a monster whitetail 12 point walk out in front of me this morning. I was doing about 60 and he just ambled out on the road. I laid into the binders and stopped to watch him and try and get around him and look back and see cars coming up on me so I start pumping the brakes and thank god they all got stopped. He took his good old time. The rut is starting it’s going to get crazy again like it does every year.

I hope I see a buck today. I'm sure my family wants me to come home.

Did a little bit of work on the wall/planter yesterday.

The next few pics show the chainlink and railroad ties going vertical, that is where my new gate and columns will be.

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

Yes. I already have all the equipment for that but will probably have to upgrade to something bigger and better down the road. My gate opener maxes out at a 500 pound gate up to 16' wide. I am thinking of doing double gates and not one large gate.

Dude...where is the green.... Guess I am use to New Englands 400 year old stone walls...
Sorry..I could never get used to that.:nono:
However, the work looks good for what your dealing with, NICE!!

It's hard. Everything is always dead and dry. I love green and wish I lived in it.

Have you seen my land? I took all the dead plants off and there is nothing left that could burn.

Actually there has been two fires that have gotten within a hundred yards of my house. My driveway make a good command post for the fire dept so hopefully they will keep it from burning. I'm the only one in my neighborhood with defensible space.

Back