Fixing a peeling shower ceiling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lead becomes a problem when it is released as dust - as in sanding and refinishing - or as paint chips. If you have toddlers, the chips can be a huge issue, but otherwise not so much.

My dad used to tell me to “get the lead out” every morning before school.

Scrape all the loose paint off and don’t use the shower until the surface is good and dry and prime it with this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glidden-...per-White-Primer-Sealer-GPG-0000-04/100157932 then give it a couple coats of a good quality latex paint that is gloss or semi gloss.

If the problem comes back in a year or two then you might want to dig into it deeper.

Now get the lead out and Git-R-Done. And welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I purchased a home lead test last night... both tests came back negative for lead. So thats out of the way.

I still feel like somehow this is actual wall that is tearing off and not paint. You can see the individual layers of paint on the huge pieces coming off. What is left on the wall feels incredibly smooth and not at all like drywall. But, in any case, i guess i will just take off what i can, sand, prime, and paint. Ill have to see if i need to rip down the whole ceiling and wall, or if i come to a natural point where i can just sand the edges smooth.

Latest posts

Back