Fixing stool flange Oooops

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a toilet flange issue. The toilet flange is in a poured concrete floor with heater tubing in the floor. The flange ended up about 1" low. What is the easiest way to get the toilet flange on top of the slab as it should be? Seems like I have heard of using a second flange that is designed to fit into the original. Open to suggestions.

Better seal the surfaces permanently if you are using a flange extender. You never want any leakage. You can also use two wax rings to help make up the difference. (Common usage in plumbing world)

Just for my interest -- How in the hell did the flange get set 1" below finished grade? Didn't anyone check the height? I try to get to no more than 1/16" above grade ... and the top of the flange has to be level in both directions.

WOW??

Better seal the surfaces permanently if you are using a flange extender. You never want any leakage. You can also use two wax rings to help make up the difference. (Common usage in plumbing world)

Just for my interest -- How in the hell did the flange get set 1" below finished grade? Didn't anyone check the height? I try to get to no more than 1/16" above grade ... and the top of the flange has to be level in both directions.

WOW??
Crap happens!

Bud,
That is exactly what I was thinking of thanks.

Villa,
I kind of walked into the middle of this one and this is what I got handed. I have often used the double wax ring but did not think that would be tall enough in this case.

Back