fleas fleas and more fleas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffy

Reaction score
We have a very bad flea infestation in a room that i'm wanting to make into my sons bed room, you walk into the room and get covered with them no other room has been affected.The room has a sliding door on it that doesn't come all the way to the ground. we tried bug bombs it helped but there are still fleas,we stuffed towels under the door to keep the bug bomb in the room the best we could, we used 4 cans of the stuff.Any more ideas

We had this same issue with an apartment that was all hardwood floor except for one carpeted room, where there was a flea infestation in that one room.

If your flea-infested room is carpeted, get the carpets cleaned. Thoroughly clean any fabric-covered furniture. Curtains and drapes too. Then bug-bomb again. I'd say do your whole house because you never know, the fleas might be hiding in your couch or something and then hitching a ride to that room where they like it more for some reason.

Also, how did the fleas get in there? This is kinda obvious but bears saying: if you have a pet that may have transmitted the fleas, make sure that pet is totally flea-free before letting it back in the house.

The only things in the room now are a bed with no bedding, dressers, and a toy box. My son did have a cat.no carpet either

Last edited:
The only things in the room now are a bed with no bedding, dressers, and a toy box. My son did have a cat.no carpet either
In that case:
Does he still have the cat? If so, don't let the cat in the house anymore until it is totally cured of fleas. And while it does have fleas, always check to make sure nobody's carrying them into the house when they come inside. Aside from that...

1. Get rid of the mattress or have a professional exterminator kill all life forms that might be living within it.

2. Clean that room, and everything remaining in it, as well as you can.

3. Get a new mattress or replace the now-flea-free one.

My neighbors were facing the same problem 6 months back. There was a bad flea infestation in their house. They tried many natural as well as do it yourself methods but they did not work for a long time and the infestation was also increasing. So, they decided to call professionals. They called CT Pest Control for their help. It is now been 6 months and they haven't faced that problem again.

You have to re do it as the eggs hatch as you are not killing the eggs, it might take a few goes at it.

Back