floor grinding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topher5150

Reaction score
I was at the rental store Saturday, while the wife was next door getting her bridesmaid dress fitted, and I was talking to the guy about renting a floor cement grinder. He told me that for the size of the area that I was doing an angle grinder to small, but the big floor grinder was to pricey, and I would need a couple of guys to help haul it. He suggested that I use a floor buffer with a very course pad. Has anyone ever tried this before?

What did you end up doing? I need to remove paint/mastic from ~250 sq ft of concrete. I'm considering a diamond wheel on a 7" grinder vs renting a floor polisher and a Diamabrush for ~$140/day.

I called the same rental place and told the lady what i needed to rent and she thought I was crazy. I ended up buying a wheel for my angle grinder. a little bit of background the house we bought had the carpet pulled from basement, and tried to put leveling cement down and it turned out real bad. I tried to redo some of the cement my self but it didn't turn out to well, that's why I thought I could grind it down, but I just ended up chipping all cement that was laid down, and I'm just going to start over.

Latest posts

Back