Floor On Pouch Needs Patching

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
On my shed pouch it has Marine Plywood and there is some cracks where the top layer has some wood missing and I would like to know what to fill them in with? After they are filled in I am going to put Cabot Stain on the floor, should I put a Primer on first?

The floor does see weather.

I would like to get this done as soon as possible for I live in Ohio and Winter is coming.

If you can tell me what I should use it would be very helpful for me. The stain is a solid color. :confused: :eek:

Welcome to the Forum, John:
I would use a plastic wood filler on the floor for durability and weather resistance. The solid color stain will cover it nicely and give you a smooth overall appearance.
Glenn

Well u do have a good project going there, i would prime the whole porch area first in case water ever got into the holes wich you can fill with a wood putty non shrinking weather proof. There are companys out there that make wonderful products for all those needs. always make sure that you pick a product that can be stained as well as painted. Use a high quality primer. hope this helps.

Back