Floor Scuff marks removing idea?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superpack

Reaction score
Anyone have any best idea to remove the scuff marks left by shoes and heels? I have seen many homemade products, but am looking for something more professional.

Best Regards,

If the scuff is on an acrylic floor finish, I try using mineral spirits to remove the scuff first, then if that doesn't work, I use acetone.

Acetone will dissolve the acrylic floor finish, so you have to just use enough for long enough to remove the scuff. Anything more and you could end up wrecking the floor finish underneath and potentially dissolving the flooring under the finish, too.

You need to tell us what kind of flooring the scuff is on. Try mineral spirits. If that doesn't work, then we have to know what kind of flooring you've got because some floorings will put up with acetone better than others.

I used to be a custodian at a high school as you can imagine I had a few of these to take care of, I started to wear tennis shoes and they make a wonderful erasure, just scuff your shoe back and forth across it and poof it's gone.

The tennis sneakers work..they also work for cleaning the belt on your belt sander with an old pair.;)

I've used just my finger and a pencil eraser to remove scuff marks, too.

But, I figured the poster wouldn't have been posting if these scuff marks were easy to remove.

mosquito spray deep woods off....spray it on scuff mark and wipe it off, Usually comes off easily. That mosquito spray works good for stains in clothing also,

For s very small scuff marks, try using a regular pencil eraser. Rub the spot tightly until the scuff mark fade away. For bigger scuff marks, try to use the rubber sole of a tennis shoe. Or you can also follow these steps: mix 2 teaspoon of baking soda with warm water to make a smooth paste, and then use a soft cloth, scrub with the paste to remove the scuff marks. Swab the area with a clean damp cloth and wipe dry.

Back