Folding Closet Door Repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M. Lee

Reaction score
20190815_072920.jpg 20190815_073155.jpg 20190815_073208.jpg 20190815_073223.jpg My nephews were playing rough as boys do and "bumped" into a folding closet door in my house. The piece that fits into the bottom track popped out along with a little wood and the bottom of the door cracked. A simple repair with wood glue and a clamp didn't work. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest filling the hole with something like Bondo, letting it set, and then drilling a new hole for the pivot.

Thank you for your replies! I had been searching for a video tutorial to show me how to repair the door. (That's how I have learned to repair most things in my house!) But I hadn't had any luck because I didn't know the right words to search. I finally had the brainstorm to ask a home repair board, and I am so glad I did. Your responses were quick and helpful!

A new bracket is a repair I can handle! The bracket nealtw linked to on Amazon is not currently available, but I learned the proper term--bilfold door pivot bracket! I then found a video tutorial to help: . I also found a similar bracket on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...NDVUQ&linkId=4c988e0df9a86e1108b1a157d450bbe5.

Thanks, guys!

Latest posts

Back