found a great repair shop in Miami

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
I needed to get my lil 12" chainsaw & push lawn mower blade sharpened. Yeah, that can be a DIY job but I was in CLP (clueless lazy putz) mood. ;)

I heard about
Tool Shed Sharpening & Repair
8853 SW 129 St Miami, FL 33176
(305) 251-3985
& went there this morn. Twas a lil warehouse garage, and there must've been a ~8 lawn care guys hanging around waiting to get their stuff fixed. It's really busy...looks like this is gonna take a while. :(

But they took care of me in only ~30 min & charged only $16. Friendly folks, too!

:beer::banana::D:)

Last edited:
Couple weeks ago I was in a CLP mood and my chainsaw was dull as dirt (actually from cutting too much dirt getting a stump out). So it was time for a new loop and I went up to old man Hickerson’s hardware and the old man said I would like to help you but I don’t have that size made up. I said do you have the stock to make one and he said ya but not today I’m too busy. He was resting I guess when I came in having his own CLP day. Well I thought about heading down to Tool Shed Sharpening & Repair 8853 SW 129 St Miami, FL 33176 (305) 251-3985 as I have heard they are top notch outfit, but the drive was just a bit more than I wanted to do that weekend. So I took my loop back home sat on a drywall bucket and took the ol Dremal tool to it one link at a time giving each tooth a lick and a prayer by eyeball. Took a good 20 minutes including the drive up town to see the old man. Put her back on and did that sucker ever cut nice and saved myself a good 20 bucks. Well I finished cutting the tree up. I have always wondered why first you cut them down and then you cut them up. But anyway it worked nice. The next day I sharpened the lawnmower blade didn’t go up to see if the old fellow was too busy. Used the 4 inch grinder on that and balanced it on a screwdriver blade. I’m good for the summer now I hope.

Opps I hope there is no rules about recommending services. Old man Hickerson to busy anyway. :eek:

Back