Framing and Vapor Barrier Questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lstennes

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have recently been sub contracted by a fellow from Texas who is flipping houses in Regina,SK. I'm on my second house with him right now and it's becoming clearer every day that I should be questioning his directions and his judgement.
We're framing out a few walls in the basement of the house; we parged all the walls and sealed them with masonry paint, then we braced all the walls with 6x2 steel c channel beams. He told me to wrap the vapor barrier behind the back of the walls that I'm framing, to later be taped to vapor barrier on the inside of the walls. This raised a few red flags, first since we're leaving the fernace room open to the cinderblock outer walls, there will be air circulation behind all the framed walls we're putting up; and secondly, from what I've read installing vapor barrier on both sides of a wall will only fecilitate the growth of mold.
Please give me your insights as I'm supposed to finish the framing on monday, and the last thing I want to do is work on a house that will give the future owners more work that I put into the house.

Back