From a realtor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuzzat?

Reaction score
we got an unsolicited "summary of home sales in your area" which listed number of bedrooms and baths, year built, sold price & days on market
for comparables.

We're supposed to make sense of this info.

And with a calculator like this
[ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=compute+correlation+coefficient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/ame]
it's easier and may be useful if you want to price your house.

For my neighborhood I found the strongest connection between days on the market and year built with the older houses being the shortest on the market, correlation = +0.79. The + means newer houses took longer to sell.
But it is up to us to speculate why.

I also found that the more bedrooms, the higher the selling price. More full baths & half baths actually lowered the selling price but the connection was weak, -0.43 for half baths.
Same kind of speculation.

The rest of the correlations, nine combinations of two each, were too small to be significant.

Last edited:
A house is worth exactly what someone will pay for it.:trophy:

I like comparables, they don't tell you the condition of the roof , the year it was remodeled or when the basement flooded.
Listing agents show you high comparables to get you to list the house and the buyers agent will show you low ones to get you to sell for less

Last edited:
Back