GE range PB975STSS not heating after power outage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
Had a power outage last night for a bout 4 hours. Now the panel of our 8-year-old GE range PB975STSS seems to work but neither the cooktop not the two ovens heat up. The lights inside the ovens work when you open the doors. Does it mean that the main board is fried? If so, how expensive might the repair be? A GE technician is coming Monday morning and they'll charge $100 just for the visit. If the repair will be hundreds of $s, maybe we'd be better off buying a new oven?

I can try to fix it myself but one complicating factor is that the oven sits very tight between countertop pieces so I am not sure I can move it out by myself. So is there much I can do -- at least diagnose -- working from the front?

Thx!

UPDATE: Problem solved! Not sure what was wrong before but after I flipped the main breaker switch off and on once more time and waited about 30 seconds, the oven came back to life! Hooray! :)

UPDATE: Problem solved! Not sure what was wrong before but after I flipped the main breaker switch off and on once more time and waited about 30 seconds, the oven came back to life! Hooray! :)
So glad we could once again be of help.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back