GFCI outlet hook up--please help.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayre

Reaction score
This is the outlet that's burnt out and I bought an exact same replacement. I thought I hooked the wires the exact same way as was but maybe I missed something. I can get the green corner light to light up but the reset button doesn't work and I still can't get any power. Any idea where each wire should go?

A-1.jpg

B.jpg

C-1.jpg

The red or the black is live when the breaker is turned on, it goes to line the other goes to load.

Pardon my ignorance. Would you be able to tell me which wire (Marked by 1-4) goes where (marked A-H)? Thank you so much.

GFCI.jpg

GFCI2.jpg

I've never wired one backwards (line vs load) so I don't know if either combination won't work.
Best bet is to determine which wire (red or black) is the Line and then wire the opposite as load.

nealtw, you are awesome!!! first set of combination worked. Thank you so much!!!!! :)

jayre said:
nealtw, you are awesome!!! first set of combination worked. Thank you so much!!!!! :)

Yeah they need a vote option or badge earning on this forum he would definitely be up there :)
And every one bugs out when there is a red wire?!? Lol

Back