Glass block shower wall questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bojangles

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just had a glass block wall built using glass mortar. It's completely dry, and I just noticed 2 small holes that should be filled. They are about 1/8" so very tiny. Should I mix up a bit of the leftover mortar and fill it in, or should I buy some type of caulk?

Also, since it's a shower wall, can anyone recommend a waterproof sealant?

Thanks!

Are you sure the holes aren't weep holes, and intentionally put there to allow any moisture getting between the glass blocks to escape? Although I have very little experience installing glass blocks, I vaguely recall reading someplace that some systems incorporate weep holes near the bottom of the layout to intentionally drain moisture.

"Just had a glass wall built" implies you paid someone to install the wall. Why not give them a call, and ask them to come back and make good on what they did? I for sure wouldn't use any kind of caulk to seal the holes, as it may stand out like a sore thumb. Also, messing with things yourself will quite likely void any warranty that came with the installation, if that's a concern.

Latest posts

Back