Grading a lawn

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalo

Reaction score
Im having a hard time attaching pics. I have removed some small wooded areas and i want to level it and remove rocks and roots so my finish mower can do the job. I have my yard toy, a jcb 4cx but i dont know if its to big or how to properly do what i want. Is there a way to level and remove rocks? Do i need to remove all the debris by hand and just dump topsoil on it and level?

Attachments

• 20210406_153212.jpg
    20210406_153212.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 8
I guess a lot would depend on the size of the rocks. And also on what you have to pass over on the way to the area. Probably don't want to cross your septic field if you have one. Small rocks can get buried as long as it's deep enough.

Farmers pick rocks with a skid loader all the time and they normally have a kid running in front chucking them in. They do make buckets from rails with spaces say 4"-6" that let dirt go thru and rocks stay inside. They work pretty good when you can't find a kid. :coffee:

Thx guys. No big rocks per say, maybe 3" round max. But everything is lumpy. I guess i can pick rocks but how to you level ot easy? Thays why im wondering if i dig out a big and order top soil. I have some rather large areas in multipule areas. Lets say an acre total.

Digging out stumps and ruts and such.

Latest posts

Back