HANGING KITCHEN CABINETS

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbm328

Reaction score
We're installing upper cabinets in our kitchen.
Question:
If you can only catch one stud on the far end of the cabinet, what can/do you use to secure the other end? Or do you put
two screws vertically into the only available stud (say 12" vertically from each other)?

If it's a single cabinet I would do as you say but probably use a toggle bolt to help secure the other end. If multiple cabinets I would secure them to each other and studs wherever found. Someone with experience may offer a better idea.

We're installing upper cabinets in our kitchen.
Question:
If you can only catch one stud on the far end of the cabinet, what can/do you use to secure the other end? Or do you put
two screws vertically into the only available stud (say 12" vertically from each other)?

Cabinets, generally, have both an upper and lower rail for attaching to the wall, and what Eddie has suggested is a method for a single cabinet.

In my practice, I set a level lever at 54" above the, finished, floor, mark the studs on the rail and in your instance, hang the 2nd cab with just the top nailer, then hang and attach both together, through the face frame, and continue that process, then shim, plumb, align, and secure at both the upper and lower nailer.

Thanks Snoonyb! I forgot about that second rail. Thats what I'll do

Latest posts

Back