Healthcare costs.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem is the hard right-wing in congress, they keep us from moving the needle in either direction...

Last edited:
Part of the problem is the hard right-wing in congress, they keep us from moving the needle in either direction...

No, the problem is the majority of the people in the US don't want it and they are just doing what they were elected to do.

Last edited:
Can you link the page on the healthcare exchange where your plan was located and provider?

We have had the same coverage for 20+ years, it is from my wifes work as part of her retirement.
It is Federal BCBS, same plan that every member of Congress can get and the Judiciary.
Has nothing at all to do with the ACA.

No, the problem is the majority of the people in the US don't want it and they are just doing what they were elected to do.

46 vs 40% is only a 3% difference big deal, and that is with a massive right wing campaign of lies to discredit it.
Without $10s of million$ of right wing lying advertising dollars against it then FAR more would be for it than against it.
86% of Democrats are in total favor of it, the ones that aren't are because they want Universal Healthcare instead because it is the far better option.

To be honest I am all for the states splitting up, have the entire south just become Jesusland and the rest of the country can become the Liberal States of America and be done with it.
Without all the red states tearing us down and blue states having to pay for them the LSA could flourish.
Have Universal Healthcare, very strong Unions, Free education including trade schools, minimum wage of $15/hr, great infrastructure.

Last edited:
From Post 25
“My wife and I have insurance through her employer, that employer was the Federal Court system of which she retired from 4+ years ago. We have the exact same HC as Congress and the Judiciary have.
We pay $250/month for FULL coverage, RX, Dental, Medical, Vision.”

Did She happen to retire before ACA was in place and is covered under (Federal Employees Health and Benefits Program) that covers federal and retired workers and their dependents?

http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/changes-in-health-coverage/

Correct, has nothing to do with the ACA.

The system has NEVER been fair to someone making $20k a year LONG before the ACA ever existed.

I have no idea why your premiums went up.

My wifes and I premiums have only gone up I think its $6 total in 10 years and we have the best Health Care plan in the whole country, both retired and making a bit over 150k in retirement.

We only pay $252 a month for full coverage, RX, Dental, Medical, Vision, with a $350 deductible per year.

If you would rather pay cash, then simply bring your Tax Refund to near zero and have at it.

Go to the exchange and enter in that 150k a year you make on retirement and tell me what the cost is for us regular folk. Then you will see why things have gone up!

There is nothing unfair about making 20k a year. Many young adults have these jobs as stepping stones towards their careers. If you get that job at McDonald's and decide to make that your career than that is the life you chose. Nobody else should be punished and be forced to give away their hard earned money because of someone else's life choices.

46 vs 40% is only a 3% difference big deal, and that is with a massive right wing campaign of lies to discredit it.
Without $10s of million$ of right wing lying advertising dollars against it then FAR more would be for it than against it.
86% of Democrats are in total favor of it, the ones that aren't are because they want Universal Healthcare instead because it is the far better option.

To be honest I am all for the states splitting up, have the entire south just become Jesusland and the rest of the country can become the Liberal States of America and be done with it.
Without all the red states tearing us down and blue states having to pay for them the LSA could flourish.
Have Universal Healthcare, very strong Unions, Free education including trade schools, minimum wage of $15/hr, great infrastructure.

What does 15 dollar an hour minimum wages do for that book store that it is currently putting out of business? What about all the other businesses that are barely scraping by as it is. Those are the 20k a year people in business form. Should they be left to die in the streets? Should we start a universal program to help them?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQdShleLCU[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m54CqiMGe-k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m54CqiMGe-k[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUSWcibj9zY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUSWcibj9zY[/ame]

What does 15 dollar an hour minimum wages do for that book store that it is currently putting out of business? What about all the other businesses that are barely scraping by as it is. Those are the 20k a year people in business form. Should they be left to die in the streets? Should we start a universal program to help them?

They Do not care about jobs all they care about is being elected again.

in june the obummer care will fold after the supreme court rules on it

Gruber has slit there throats on tape in public.

I've noticed in this thread that very few of my answers have actually been answered by anything more than "life isn't fair for the 20k earner". Or that I should pay or owe more because I have done better for myself? I think the left has spent so much time brainwashing that it is a crime to do better for oneself or that I should feel bad because I have more than someone else.

Now I am not overly political or feel that I am far right, I just feel that life is what you make it. If you want more than the next guy you need to work harder than the next guy. Just like nunya made some good choices in life and retired close to the 1% I don't think he should be forced to pay for anyone else, that is his money and who is to say things should cost more because of it? To me that is far more fair than anything else. We all have a fair chance in life. It is up to you what you do with it.

I've noticed in this thread that very few of my answers have actually been answered by anything more than "life isn't fair for the 20k earner". Or that I should pay or owe more because I have done better for myself? I think the left has spent so much time brainwashing that it is a crime to do better for oneself or that I should feel bad because I have more than someone else.

Now I am not overly political or feel that I am far right, I just feel that life is what you make it. If you want more than the next guy you need to work harder than the next guy. Just like nunya made some good choices in life and retired close to the 1% I don't think he should be forced to pay for anyone else, that is his money and who is to say things should cost more because of it? To me that is far more fair than anything else. We all have a fair chance in life. It is up to you what you do with it.

You haven't thought this thru.
You live in a great country that has a history of buiding great thing and the land of opportunity.
Send us your weak and poor or something like that. In fact means we need cheap labour to handle garbage, clean the streets, work in the mines,build railroads and fill sweat shops.
The world do not turn on $100k jobs. When it starts to look like wages are getting fair, we make it hard for unions and ship jobs over seas.
If everyone could pull up their boot straps and get a good job, do you not think we would find new people to work a macdonalds or pick fruit.
With out health care those people will alway be a drain on the system whether you pay mre healthcare or taxes.
You have a good start and it is about time that the people you elect start working on how to make it better. It has already lower the rate of inflation in the cost of health care. That's only a start. Oh and BTW nobody will ever dare to cancil it either party.
A country that isn't moving forward only has one other direction to go.

I still don't think this discussion should be on this web site.

We have had the same coverage for 20+ years, it is from my wifes work as part of her retirement.
It is Federal BCBS, same plan that every member of Congress can get and the Judiciary.
Has nothing at all to do with the ACA.

I find it slightly ironic you have cited several times your excellent health care plan when expounding on the virtues of ACA insurance for others and how even a single payer plan that includes everyone into the model would be better yet. You were eluding somehow a comparison. You went on about how good your plan is and how low your premiums are and how much is covered. But you are enrolled in Federal blue cross blue shield AKA Federal Employee Health Benefits Program. With the introduction of ACA Federal Employees from senators on down now have to shop for health insurance on the exchanges just like everyone else. But because your wife retired before that date you are grandfathered into your old plan of 20 some years. For some strange reason the executive branch was spared the pleasure of being on ACA. Michelle Obama didn’t have to sit down at her kitchen table with her laptop and select a plan when the rest of the country did, nor did any of the staff. Nor did you and your wife. The rest of us have no access to the plan you are on.

Chris asked you a simple question and I don’t remember hearing it answered. He made a request that you go to the health care exchange and just put your information in and see what excellent plans and cost structure you will find and report back what position you would be in today if given the fact you had to comply with the rules of the ACA.

I would simply ask you to just call up the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program and tell them you want to do the right thing for the country and your fellow man and cancel your plan. That you feel so strongly in the concept of the ACA that you want to do the right thing and become part of the greater good. I mean really if you feel a guy running a construction business (employing people) should pay a higher amount to help out the 14 million people that now can have health insurance under the ACA why shouldn’t a couple retired people making the same amount of money.

Last edited:

Before you get too excited about dividing the country into two parts based around the red blue electoral map we always see. Let’s subdivide the map to look at it state by state and how they voted last time around, how about instead of states let’s look at it by congressional districts.
I live in Pa and if you take away the one or two largest cities the state becomes as red very red. You might like to think when you claim Pa for your Liberal States of America you get Pa but what you really get is 4 or 5 highly congested inner cities with major problems. That’s going to be your core followers singing the praise of LSA. Look at the map and see where the pockets of blue are located. Those are the areas that are selecting our leaders and setting the course for the rest of the country. When you say the blue states are paying for the rest of the red tearing down the country again take a look at it in a microscopic view. Good luck feeding the LSA, good luck making it thru one winter.

I’m not much of a religious man actually but still take offense on so many levels to you referring to your ideology as the LSA and lumping the conservatives in our country as needing a place called Jesusland. I will chalk that statement up to the anonymity of the internet hopefully. Or do you call your religious neighbors and business connections Bible Thumpers and such when you run in to them in public?

Well here is a map of the country and where your blue pockets of like-minded people live.

imrs.php.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back