Heating & AC unit in attic bedroom

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by napalvr, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Nov 9, 2010 #1

napalvr

napalvr

napalvr

I recently purchased a house and the attic was already converted to a bedroom. There is storage on one side with doors (these are short storage doors on the sides of the room) and on the other side is the heating & ac equipment. The previous owners had a door in front of the main heating/ac unit but at the closing the doors had been taken off and damaged and now the unit is uncovered and an eyesore. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover this opening. I am assuming that it needs to be some kind of louvered or ventilated door but I would like to make it look at pleasant as possible and match as closely as possible to the other storage doors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Nov 9, 2010 #2

paul52446m

paul52446m

paul52446m

Is this a 90+ or 80+ furnace? is there anything else in this furnace room.
    You can send pic. to paulm989@hotmail.com If its a 90+ furnace with two stacks going out side then you do not need a louvered door as long as it has
    supply and return ducting on it. You can also take burner air from a attic space as long as the attic is ventilated. Show me what you got and we can
    go from there. Later Paul