Hello From Farmington, MI

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlappjr

The Dude Abides, Man.....
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm Doug. I am Buying a House soon and will Close on June 21st, the pain begins on Aug. 2nd. Window trim to sand and paint, Wallpaper to remove and Walls to paint, trees to be removed...etc. But I am looking forward to it actually, even though I know nothing about working on a house. Thats why I'm here! I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from all of yours.

Thanks in advance, for all the help I will gain from your insight.

Welcome we're glad to have you! Congrats on the new home.

Welcome; hopefully we can get some before and after pictures. In August I'll be doing some major renovations of my 2nd floor myself.

I lived in Waterford, Milford and Union lake most of my life until I moved to Florida 30 years ago. If you have a well, I can help you with that. I worked on a bunch of them back in the dark ages. I imagine Farmington today as all built up and full of city water by now.

Thanks Cork, for sure to post pics. Speedbump, yeah all of Farmington is Built up a little and city water everywhere. I can imagine a lot has changed around here in 30 years, except the windows in this house I'm buying ;)

Congratulation on the new house, I got me one back in 08, alot of work.

Speedbump, yeah all of Farmington is Built up a little and city water everywhere. I can imagine a lot has changed around here in 30 years, except the windows in this house I'm buying

Last time I visited Michigan, I let the GPS take me to Waterford. It brought me in on 696 (I think) and onto 5 which dumps into the south end of Union Lake. I grew up there and didn't know where the hell I was until I saw the old Commerce Drive in Sign. Man, that started the memories flowing. I knew my way after that, but still didn't recognize anything else. It had all changed including a few new lanes on the once two lane roads.

Back