Hello from PA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by trock85, Mar 9, 2018.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Mar 9, 2018 #1

trock85

trock85

trock85

Hi Everyone, thanks for having me here. I am looking forward to learning all I can, a helping when I can as well

I recently bought a ranch house on a couple of acres. Built in 1960. It had one family before I bought it and its a solid house, BUT really needs updated and possibly expanded.

It has a nice almost 3 car detached garage and a full basement.

One of the reason I bought the house was because alot of major improvements were done that meant I would be able to concentrate on "smaller" things

Brand new Roof
    New Septic and Well
    Full Ever dry basement system
    Fully redone bathroom
    warranties
    etc

On the minus side, it hasn't cosmetically or electrically been updated much.

It needs painted, Trim, New Kitchen, new electrical (2 prong), siding, Gutters, doors, flooring etc

It also has a large main living room, that is next to the old front porch, which they full enclosed and insulated, so I could take out the old very large main window and connect tot he with a step down to the old front porch, and make a very large living area (which I plan to do).

I started doing some painting and electrical in the main bedroom, and also the living room and it has turned out well. I hope to add accent walls to each as well, both wood and stone.

along with many, this change was due to a divorce and so funds are what they are and this will be done over a long period of time.

I have decent skills at things, like roofing, siding, painting, trim work, accent walls etc. Would like to do the siding, doors and alot of it myself, but am having a certified electrician in for the electrical and may end up with some help on the other stuff.

my hope is to update it and keep it and rent it and move on. while I do like it my dream is for alot more land and more seclusion. but we will see

anyway, thanks for having me and sorry for going on so long!

2. Mar 9, 2018 #2

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

:welcome: to House Repair Talk.

3. Mar 10, 2018 #3

afjes_2016

afjes_2016

afjes_2016

Established Member

Welcome to the forum Trock85
    A lot of friendly people here; very helpful too.
    You will mainly find me in the electrical forum as I am an electrician. Don't stray much from that forum much.

4. Mar 11, 2018 #4

slownsteady

slownsteady

slownsteady

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome and good luck with all you projects. remember to set them up in priority order....no sense painting if you need to rip into a wall because of electric concerns, etc.

5. Mar 11, 2018 #5

tuffy

tuffy

tuffy

well-known member Supporting Member

welcome don't be afraid to join in on all the fun and post some:eek:

6. Mar 11, 2018 #6

zannej

zannej

zannej

Welcome to the forums! I hope you share pictures & info about your updates to the home and maybe stop in to chat a bit about mutual interests.

7. Jul 21, 2018 #7

Dianne Walker

Dianne Walker

Dianne Walker

Welcome :)