Help Finding Good Steel Building Company

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by spaker, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Jul 12, 2006 #1

spaker

spaker

spaker

My garage has become too filled for me to use it as a workspace so I am looking to add a small steel building or shed in my backyard that I can use to do work. I found a good price at a1 steel building website. I have not heard much about them and could not find any reviews about them. Does anyone know about them or should I just pay extra and go with a more known company?

thanks

2. Jul 12, 2006 #2

glennjanie

glennjanie

glennjanie

Hello and Welcome Spaker:
    I plan to build a SteelMaster building in the near future. They can show pictures of their buildings that survived Hurricane Katrina while I can show you conventional steel buildings here in my area that didn't survive an F4 tornado. I can see where SteelMaster would be much easier for a small crew with limited experience to build (which cuts the cost) and they have some incentives now.
    mwickum@steelmasterusa.com or 800-341-7007 ext 8113
    Glenn

3. Nov 27, 2007 #3

Tool-Girl

Tool-Girl

Tool-Girl

Home Improvement Junkie

Hi Spaker!

I've recently added a metal storage shed to my backyard and I love it! They have tons of styles to choose from and you can even buy pre-fabricated ones. If you want to tackle this project yourself, they even have installation kits with instructions that make it very easy to construct.

4. Feb 3, 2008 #4

Boston

Boston

Boston

You might want to check out HomeStars.com at http://www.homestars.com to read reviews on local companies--New York is in their system now. The site is a free community where people read and write reviews on home improvement contractors.

Otherwise, a simple Google search for "[company name] problems" might give you some research material as well.

Good luck!

5. Feb 4, 2008 #5

ToolGuy

ToolGuy

ToolGuy

Hey Boston, that's a good site. Thanks for pointing it out. :D

6. Feb 4, 2008 #6

guyod

guyod

guyod

Dont have your Mom go on there and praise your business Toolguy. :D