Help for Window Brackets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenFort

Reaction score
Im trying to remove these window brackets from my wall. The brackets are bound by 4 screws. Im not sure what type of screws they are. They were painted over, so I'm not sure the type. The equipment I have is a RYOBI CORDLESS DRILL, DEWALT Drill Bit Set & DEWALT Screwdriver Bit Set. I tried every drill bit with my drill, to see if I could reverse the screws out. No dice. I used my array of screwdriver bits with a screwdriver, couldn't get none of the screws out. Im a novice when it comes to diy fixes in the home. Looking for solutions with list of equipment needed or technical guidance if needed. IMG_0500.jpgIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0502.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Welcome.
Typically, those screws have threads similar to those of wood screws so, In the past, I've used a pair of dykes to start and a plier to complete. I also used a Dremel to cut a notch that a flat bladed screwdriver will fit.

@Snoonyb is their specific style of diagonal plier/pliers I need for those screws? I have electronic rotary rotary tool or know as a Dremel tool. Never used it. Is their a specific Dremel bit I need to cut a notch in the screws?

Back