help with 'finishing' new porch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darceegood

Reaction score
:agree::agree::confused:
Can anyone give me advice on how to'seal' outside 'base' where new porch is on dirt??? I don't want pests getting in the crawl space , where I WANT to utilize the space and store summer items.
I wonder if putting river rock all around as temporary/hopeful solution until next spring when I plan to have it all made into patio with paver stones???
I am extremely 'challenged' in the area of construction---reason I hired a contractor to tear out old porch and construct a new one. I assumed the new one would be more 'finished'---they didnt even take out the old concrete steps-but put new wood ones part overthe old ones. there are large gaps all around in and out where you can see daylight.

Also afraid with snow and rain it will puddle under the 'enclosed' porch and cause more problems.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The porch supports contact dirt without footers? That isn't going to last. Even if its pressure treated lumber it doesn't sound optimal.

It sounds like your contract for the work wasn't as specific as it should have been, and that you signed it before carefully reading it over and understanding what the agreement said will (and by omission, will not) be accomplished.

Could you post a few pictures to show your concerns, and assist us in helping you?

Latest posts

Back