Hi from Louisiana

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonsx5

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your forums. My family is in the process of rebuilding our home after the historic flooding in August of last year. We were one of the homes that were required to elevate due to being "substantially" damaged (more than 50% of our home's value in damages) with that being said.... our home was built as a military housing unit back in the 60's and moved to its current location in the 70's. We have 2 units that were essentially put side by side and connected in the center. We had a little damage from the flood, but a huge amount of our damage came from the elevation process alone. That means insurance won't cover the damages. I truly hope that I can find some answers here to help us be able to fix some things ourselves and avoid the extra costs of having the contractor repair. Thanks again. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1500093045.845457.jpg

Looks like a lot of work so far. Feel free to jump right in. Lots of experience here and we will all help as best we can.

:welcome:

Hi from LA back at ya! I'm Just down the road in Hammond

Back