hi I'm donk

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prices charged should mean excellent quality-not so!

• Don't like providing OJT opportunity and paying for it.

• Franchise needs an adequate training program.

• Customer service unavailable on weekend despite water problems.

• Rebath in Salt Lake needs a personnel mgmt. person.

Results are only viewable after voting.

donk

Reaction score
I am experiencing a great deal of trouble with my recent tub/shower installation. The quality of the work is poor and has led to several contacts with Rebath in Salt Lake to fix problems. Turning poorly qualified (young and inexperienced) workers loose on the public reflects very poorly on the local franchise and the Corporate franchise grantor as well. The prices you charge are excessive in terms of the quality of work you provide in installation of your product. Because of the problems I have experienced I'm considering asking for a price adjustment. In negotiating with the salesperson for our job we were told that the window above our bathtub wouldn't be a problem if we installed a tub/shower - Rebath would "take care of it" - the solution was they don't do windows only add a decorative trim around the existing wooden casement window. I have since ordered a vinyl replacement window which I will install myself - cost to me over $150. This "unfortunate misunder-standing" pretty well discribes my feelings about my decision to do business with Rebath. BTW, I am fixing the "collateral" damage to the newly painted wall in an adjoining room because I wouldn't trust Rebath to do an adequate repair job.

Welcome Don:
I would ask for a full refund and if they don't like that I would check on a full page ad in the local newspaper to expose them.
Glenn

I'd investigate:

Small Claims Court
local contractor licensing board
State Attorney General

Back