Hoax

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
HOAX ALERT: A message is spreading on Facebook that claims users can see who is secretly following them by going to the blocked users section of their settings and typing in “following me”. This is just the latest variation of a long-running hoax. Typing “following me” in Blocked users does NOT provide a list of users who are following you. What it does is bring up a list of users associated with the words you typed into the textbox – in this case the words “following” and “me”. This can mean those words appear in a user’s name, introduction or any of their About Me sections. People cannot secretly follow you on Facebook.

I don't do facebook, Twitter or any of the other things on social media sites, guess that's one new trick this old dog just doesn't care about...

I barely do Facebook and don't do any others. I spend more time on these forums and I am barely even here anymore. Only problem is you my electric friends are just about the only friends I have anymore.

I went on FB for about a week . Lot of Politics on there .:Sabrefight:

I keep in contact with classmates from 50 years ago and relatives who live all over the country on there.

That is why I have it too. I'm also part of a couple offloading and fabricating groups.

I also help run a local site where people sell car parts, tools etc. And a lot of used cars and trucks.

What is FaceBook? I'll have to ask a few women about it.

I bought a minivan on there for $750 and drove it for three years. I have It for sale now and will get most of my money back.

Ah, you just have to find your friends and interests and then start blocking out the rest on FB. I've found two cousins I'd not been in touch with for about 30 years, so that's a nice side benefit.

Of course, the down side is, it's not forums where you can find a post thread easily and for a longer time period.

Latest posts

Back