House Level Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ida_victor

Reaction score
My friend has a house that is 484 sf. It was built in 1946, 3 rooms plus a bath and it need to be level very badly. Could you tell me around how much should be charged to level this house. It is on blocks.

The amount charged should be that which is agreeable to both the owner (something he/she can afford) and the leveler (enough to cover all costs plus show a tidy profit). I remember our home inspector saying a local house leveler in our area was getting $100 an hour for his time (with one helper), and he said he could do most small places (less than 1000 S.F.) in about a week. That works out to $4000, plus incidentals.

Twenty two feet on a side? This can't be too difficult.
Get enough bids on this job so that some of them cluster around some average price, at least five bids.
A Net search came up with half the cases being between $2 to $4 per sq. ft. and one case coming in at $7, including BridgeMan's.

You also might want to find out if it still may sink by having a civil or structural engineering consultant do soil testing.

Last edited:
Depends what needs to be done.
Is it just jack a little bit and add some shims on top of the piers. Or does it needs to be lifted right up and a new foundation poured.

Back