How do I add a drawer here?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I'll get two 1x4's if that's not strong enough.

Either way, I first have to build the drawer before I worry about how to hang it.

Starting with the drawer box. (Or whatever they call the thing the drawer goes in and out of.)

I did all the measurements, but Home Depot is closed at the moment.

This might work they hang from above. and can go anywhere on the side of the drawer.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=draw...UICigB&biw=1682&bih=837#imgrc=G4CaKgU_DPeJYM:

I have never heard "gable" used to describe anything but this:

A gable is the generally triangular portion of a wall between the edges of intersecting roof pitches. The shape of the gable and how it is detailed depends on the structural system used, which reflects climate, material availability, and aesthetic concerns. A gable wall or gable end more commonly refers to the entire wall, including the gable and the wall below it.

What is a gable in a cabinet?
The basic frameless base cabinet is a box with two sides, called gable ends, a bottom board, back board, and a top rail. There is normally a door, or door and drawer combination, with fixed or adjustable shelving inside the cabinet.

What is a gable in a cabinet?
The basic frameless base cabinet is a box with two sides, called gable ends, a bottom board, back board, and a top rail. There is normally a door, or door and drawer combination, with fixed or adjustable shelving inside the cabinet.

Actually, in the cabinetry trade and ALL bag-n-box Mfgs., they are referred to as finished ends, or end panels.

Never gables.

The information may be a wonderful way to perpetuate a conversation, but has little to do with the day to day real world.

And were you to walk into a custom cabinet shop and ask them what the gable ends are made from, they will look at you in astonishment and then replyI thought you wanted cabinets, not a roof.

Go to any of the big boxes and in the kitchen dept. and ask the same question, and after you have explained what you've been told on the internet, they will most likely tell you the the cabinet boxes are made from particle board or a laminated version of it.

Well, his Google search did have .ca at the end not .com. It could be a Canadian term. Like boot, bonnet, wings in the UK for trunk, hood and fenders in the US.

Ok. Back on topic, to the OP, when you choose your drawer glides-- I suggest full-extension ones, but check the weight capacity. You might want to look for the kind of glides used for underbed storage drawers. Hopefully you can find the right sort of glides.

Back