How many people wear shoes in the house?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear shoes in your house? (choose the answer that fits best)

• All or most of the time

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Some of the time

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Never or almost never

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
Someone made a comment about flooring that made me curious about this question.

I wear canvas Crocs or similar as I need the arch support. Ether mules or with the rear scrunched down for easy on/off. I do have concrete slab with primitive ceramic tile in heavy traffic areas (and baths) and laminate in four bedrooms.

I barely wipe my shows on the mat walking in.... this gives my wife something to do! grin.gif

I use "shoes" as slippers, inside the house.
But my "indoors shoes" are not used outdoors.
I buy slip on shoes for inside the house. They cost about the same but last far longer than most "slippers".
I even have a second set of slippers for the basement shop. If I am working on something that makes metal chips, I put on the shop slippers while working, and then put my usual slippers on when I go back upstairs. Would not want to get metal chips in the bottom of my slippers and then go upstairs and start scratching the hardwood floors.

Barefoot to boots and change as needed for the weather and what I'm walking in! We have relatives whodo not allow outside to follow them inside as part of their religion, so we adapt when they are here or we visit them.
Their beliefs make so much more sense than what we grew up with that I have to respect them for what their customs dictate!

Latest posts

Back