How much to refinish cabinets?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onion69420

Reaction score
So i had an estimator from Home Depot over today to give me an estimate on new kitchen cabinet doors, sanding and painting the faces of the cabinets, installing new knobs/hardware, fixing the lazy susan...basically giving the cabinets a makeover.
He said i have 45 linear feet of cabinets, i dont know how to measure that so idk if thats accurate.
Anyway, he quoted me 16,000. To me, that seems excessive, i inquired about having new cabinets installed and he quoted me 45,000, again that seems ridiculous.
What are your thoughts on these prices?

Not a great idea asking for guess on pricing on anything on the net, you need to get some more local prices.
Any box store would be the last place I would have been getting prices.
If you want them painted then call some local painters.
No one here or on any DIY site could even make a well meaning guess without pictures.

As well as the cabinet layout, what style of doors and dwr. fronts, what material, what hinges, etc,etc.

You could build a really nice medium size new kitchen for $45,000, including appliances.

Do you have the Nextdoor app in your area?

It is kind of like Facebook, but only goes a few miles out from your neighborhood.

People on there post advice about good local contractors.

Back