How often should I repaint my deck?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvcr

Reaction score
Just a simple question. How often do you think a deck should be repainted?
My sister repaints her deck almost every summer but I think this is a little too much.
What do you recommend?

I cant really recommend you to paint such and such times. Just make sure you get good quality paint. When you see it starting to "peel" or scratch it might be time for another coat. Painting a couple coats should help as well.

Depends wether the paint is pealing or coming off in some form, other wise if you water seal it you should be fine for at least 2 years :)

You should definitely repaint your decking as often as possible. Ed does and he's the happiest guy we know. Wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaa wa!

As others have said, i think it's best just to repaint it ever time you see it starting to peal/fade. Maybe before summer if you know you are going to have a hot one.

As others have stated, you can set a schedule for painting but its not really necessary. Just repaint if it begins to peal. This will save you time and money

Back