How should I fill the void in a horizontal sliding window after installing a condensing fan?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BIL used a $99 AC to cool a small house. It ran continuously, dehumidified the whole house and made the temp more tolerable.
When I turn on the central A/C the house feels much more comfortable before the temperature drops even one tenth of a degree on the thermostat because the interior humidity drops right away!
Oftentimes I will turn the A/C back off once the high humidity is gone because the same temperature is comfortable without the humidity...

We lived in the Sac'to area for 30 years and just moved last August. Swamp coolers work great there because of the extremely low humidity (less than 15%). Because Sac enjoys the Delta Breeze, we used our whole house fan every night and rarely needed cooling at night after 5-6pm.
Yes! I love the idea of the whole house fans. I may look into that as a long term addition. It cools off pretty well in the evening here, even on hot days. Just got to remove that hot air from inside. I’d like to install one at our main house as well.

The Delta Breeze is the biggest secret there is for that area. I wouldn't live in the SAC / Stockton / Bay area without a whole House fan. It's free cooling! And a fraction of the cost of A/C. But back to the original post...swamp coolers work great there until it gets over 95 ... then you should go to the grocery store and hang out in the frozen section.:cool:IMG_6809 (1).jpg

You can see the Whole House fan in the ceiling at the top right of the photo.

Back