How to change cartridge in a UBERHAUS faucet ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYUE

Reaction score
My UBERHAUS faucet model 70115082 is leaking. I got new cartridges on hand. But I do not know how to remove the handles, whether unscrew it clockwise (I've tries this by hand but it hardly turn), or just pull it up. As I do not want to damage it, so did not try to use wrench. Anyone who could let me know the correct way to remove the handle, will be greatly appreciated. (attached manual of this faucet).

Secondly, the manual said the Canadian Plumbing Code requires the installation of "air chambers or surge arresting device to eliminate water hammer." What exactly this is? because once for a while, my water pipe generate hammering sound. Thank you.

Attachments

• FaucetManual-1.jpg
    FaucetManual-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 7
  • FaucetManual-3.jpg
    FaucetManual-3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 8
It appears, from the manual photo, that the handle simply pulls up, the remove.

An "air chamber" is just an extension of the supply line, typically above where a valve or angle stop for a faucet occurs. In other words, where a supply line for a sink is 90'ed with a stub and ending with an angle stop. With an "air chamber", the 90 is replaced with a "T" and the tubing above the "T", is the "air chamber", and is capped.

The undulating pressure fluctuations are absorbed by the "air chamber", thereby mitigating the "hammer" effect.

Thanks Snoonyb, this is the first time I heard about air chamber. I think I need that too.

For the faucet, I tried to pull the handle and its base upward, no luck. I am looking for some kind of tool to help to achieve that without damaging the faucet, decoratively.

You're likely to have to devise some sort of lever.

Something to keep in mind, since there appears to be a lack of available customer service associated with this product, are commonly known and represented mfg's.

I tried the hold the faucet handle and the cover under, twisted, pulled. It just doesn't move/loosen at all. I studied the manual again. The diagram showing, seems the cartridges are installed from under?! Do you think I shall try to remove it from under the sink? is this possible?

From the picture you posted (very hard to see) PDF would be better it looks like there is a set screw in the handle on the inside of the bend of the handle. That is likely an allen screw. Take a look and see if there is a little hole there.

On your picture it shows a part labeled there but I cant make out the text.

Dear "bud16415", you have an eagle eye. Yes there is a small screw in the handle, it need an hex key to unscrew it. Dear, you have cured my headache. I can now start doing the replacement project. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Dear "bud16415", you have an eagle eye. Yes there is a small screw in the handle, it need an hex key to unscrew it. Dear, you have cured my headache. I can now start doing the replacement project. Thanks, thanks, thanks.
You are welcome. Now to see if the screw comes lose. Make sure the key is a good fit and enters all the way in the hex before you start twisting. Those screws are easy to round out. Might not hurt to give them a shot of PB Blaster first.

It could be metric or english.
If the allen key is not a tight fit it's the wrong one.

It could be english or metric, if the key is not a tight fit it's the wrong one.

Yes, I have both Metric and British hex keys, will make sure it is good fit. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back