How to describe door handle set that needs to be replaced

Help Support House Repair Talk:

MissLaurus

Reaction score
I need to find a replacement door handle/deadbolt combo for door that connects a bedroom to the outside patio. Door swings into the interior when opened. It locks by deadbolt from the inside and with a key from the outside. I'm not sure what to call this hardware, or how how to describe it's exact functionality, therefore am having trouble ordering replacement hardware. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

Attachments

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Someplace on the door there should be the manufacture of the door. This type of lock set is commonly a piece that comes with the door and I believe it would have to be ordered from them. Here is a link to one such company.

Snoonyb

Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What you may also find, is that there may, only be an ADA compliant replacement set available.

Here are a couple of additional links, most usually will assist you in identifying your hardware/door, mfgr.;

Handles

Door Mortise Lock Handle sets | Storm Door

MissLaurus

Reaction score
Someplace on the door there should be the manufacture of the door. This type of lock set is commonly a piece that comes with the door and I believe it would have to be ordered from them. Here is a link to one such company.
Great suggestion, I'll look into it. Thank you