How to overcome acrophobia and enjoy my balcony?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ediver

Reaction score
I live on the 14th floor of an apartment building. I have got a kick-*** balcony and the view is incredible, especially the afternoon sun. But, I have acrophobia that keeps me from appreciating it. My husband has made arrangements to make me feel as safe as possible. He has even installed balcony waterproofing systems to make the balcony safer.
When I get too close to the railing, it feels like something's pulling me towards it. I always keep an arm's length distance away from the balcony edge. I feel very uncomfortable until I get back inside the room.
Any ideas on how to get over this that don't involve therapy? I just want to be in my balcony and enjoy the sun in the coming summer.

Welcome.
It will take some convincing, on your part, but if you view the panorama as just your balcony floor as the upper level of a terraced landscape, your perspective changes.

If you have an open railing, block it with a wall or just something that looks like a wall. This will hide much of the lower view and be less intimidating.

Don't LQQK down......

Sorry, it's the first thing that popped into my head. ;)

Back