How to repair leaking pipe in Spa

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by Mr_David, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Aug 28, 2016 #1

Mr_David

Mr_David

Mr_David

Easily Amused

2. Aug 28, 2016 #2

kok328

kok328

kok328

Not sure what kind of pipe that is but if it mates to pvc then just cut the section where the hole is and put a pvc coupler in that spot.

3. Aug 28, 2016 #3

bud16415

bud16415

bud16415

Fixer Upper Staff Member Admin Moderator

The pipe is called flexible PVC and it starts out flexible and with age and heat it becomes harder I am told. You also have all that foam stuck to it and in getting that off and cutting it and gluing in a coupling I’m not sure what the success rate might be. You can always try that but I think if it was mine I might try gluing a patch over the hole if it was not to big of a hole. I haven’t tried this on a hot tub but I have had good luck with fiberglass resin and cloth wrapping other things to make a repair. Clean the area up to get all the foam off by scraping and sand paper and then paint it up with 2 part resin and wrap some fiberglass matt around it and wet it in, repeat a few times maybe a 4” length. If it doesn’t work you can still cut the PVC back and splice in a piece.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

4. Aug 28, 2016 #4

Mr_David

Mr_David

Mr_David

Easily Amused

Thanks for the help. HD has the pipe.
    It's called flexible spa pipe and it's pvc.