How to screed cement for large area?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha you guys don't know the trouble i go thru to fend off raging hormones guys trying to holler at her on an almost daily basis. Maybe I should get some female helpers :)

Tomorrow noon is when the truck gets here. There are four of us and 3 wheelbarrows. Hope I can pull this off in 1-2 hr ..sigh

Tomorrow noon is when the truck gets here. There are four of us and 3 wheelbarrows. Hope I can pull this off in 1-2 hr ..sigh

Get a good night’s sleep and a good breakfast. Start stretching about 11:00 and you will be fine.

And don’t forget we want to see pics…..
:clap:

Sure I'll ask her to take some more selfie while the rest of us sweat like a pig lol.

You are a crazy man doing this with wheelbarrows. Do you have a guy that will be spreading and getting it close while others bring the mud back? If all of you are just wheeling mud and dumping it, it will make for more work.

I can't afford a cement pump I think they're a few hundreds dollars to rent. I'm going to be the one spreading , the other three will be wheeling n dumping. I'm in for a major learning shock tomorrow :(

I hope the best for you. Whats the weather going to be like for you?

40% chance of rain I'm going to be royally BLEEP tomorrow :D

Been raining the last 2 wks and forecast in the next then days is you've guess it...more rain.

Last edited:
It will be fine. At least with the humidity it will slow the concrete a tad from setting off. When we pour in the mountains here it is so dry it sets off as soon as it's down.

Any tips for me if it rainwhile were pouring? was just going to nail up plastic tarp to the side of the house and let it hang over the slab that way there's a slope for water to roll off to the side and onto the ground. Hope water won't seep thru the forms. Thanks!

Hopefully you can get it finished before the rain then you can just tarp it. If it starts pouring before your mud shows up I would call and cancel if they let you. I would keep tarps or plastic nearby and try and keep the water off of it. Once it sets off it won't hurt it to get wet but you don't want a steady stream to hit it and wash away the fines. Don't worry about water in the forms. It really only ruins the finish so protect that the best you can. Concrete sets off by chemical reaction so it will set up under water no problem.

Hope you have a good day for your pour. Good luck. Will be thinking about you.

Went online and some website call for a 30% chance of rain while other said 0%...Shrug. Got two bundles of tarp at the ready in case it does rain. So friggin nervous just about now, not about the potential rain but the pour itself.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Pics to follow. No selfie today my precious is at the office :(

You will find it is easier than you think. I like to wait a little longer to brush so I get a very fine brush, keeps it smoother and I think it looks better.

Am I the only one that wishes he had a live video feed to johnv’s back yard?

Maybe a helmet cam feed would be good.

Back